how can i delete preinstalled apps on umi x2?

Home Forums Android Software General Discussions about Android how can i delete preinstalled apps on umi x2?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  haokuna 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Moussa

i baught an umi x2 and it has weird chinese applications and i have problems with deleting them :huh:

Try the method mentioned here:
    http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-How-to-get-rid-of-Android-crapware

I think you have root the phone and use adb shell or other cli tools to remove programs that come with the ROM.

Moussa

thank you i will try that =)

mareebaybay

Yes I think the only way to delete the pre-installed apps on your device, is to root the phone itself. I don’t think any phone manufacturer would give you the option to delete the pre-installed apps.

ChiChai
    Participant
    mareebaybay wrote:
    Yes I think the only way to delete the pre-installed apps on your device, is to root the phone itself. I don’t think any phone manufacturer would give you the option to delete the pre-installed apps.

That’s right. They’re using those apps to set their phone apart from all the different Android phones that exist. Many phones with pre-installed apps would mostly have something where you’d be urged to submit your information for login. I think that’s part of how they’re advertising for their other products.

Summer

Maybe you can download some phone manager software to your computer, then you can connect your phone to your computer, and deal with the data and apps in your phone via the software.

orz

If you can’t delete it with the Application Manager then they were put on by the carrier, you’ll have to root your phone which is very easy (Just make sure you know what you’re doing) and then install an app which will allow you to delete them.

haokuna
    Participant

Thank you so much, I will try it if needed. I used to use Android data cleaner to delete unwanted files, it’s fine but another way is also appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.