The much speculated Moto Z Play codenamed Vertex being touted to be in the pipeline from Lenovo has been sighted on Indian import tracking website Zauba. The listing on Zauba showed that the device arrived India from Canada on July 2 via Delhi air cargo.
The listing also revealed that the Moto Z Play features a 5.5-inch capacitive touchscreen display. The device was listed as Motorola Vertex which has been known all along as the codename of the Z Play.
The Moto Z Play (Vertex) has earlier on appeared on popular benchmark website Geekbench. The Geekbench listing uploaded on June 16, 2016 showed the Moto Z Play (Vertex) will feature an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor which tags along the Adreno 506 GPU. The listing benchmark listing also indicated the Android 6.0 Marshmallow as the OS of choice for the Z Play.
RELATED: Moto Z Could End Up With Lenovo’s UI in China
Other speculated specs of the Moto Z Play include the presence of a 16MP rear camera with dual tone LED flash, as well as a fingerprint sensor. The device is said to pack a 3500mAh battery under its hood.
The Moto Z Play’s appearance on Zauba may just be an indication that Lenovo will launch the device very soon.
Moto Z Play (Vertex) Full Specifications (Expected):
- 5.5-inch (1920 ×1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB with 32GB storage / 2GB with 16GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 7mm thick
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3500mAh battery
(Source 1,2) [source]