Current time: 27-Oct-2016, 12:57 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leagoo Elite 1 Review – Premium Meets Elegance
04-Nov-2015, 01:10 PM
Leagoo Elite 1 Review – Premium Meets Elegance

Leagoo may not be the first manufacturer you think of when it comes smartphones. The Elite 1 is a very stylish yet affordable device but is it any good?

Visit Leagoo Elite product page

Leagoo Elite 1 Review: VIDEO

Leagoo Elite 1 Review: SPECS

5″ 1080P (FULL-HD)
MTK6753, 64-bit, Octa-core, 1.3GHz
13MP Front/16MP Back
Bluetooth, 3G, 4G, GPS, WIFI, GSM,EDGE, GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, dual-SIM, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7
2.400 mAh (non-removable)
14.38 x 6.95 x 0.75 cm / 5.65 x 2.73 x 0.29 inches / 136g
Android 5.1
32GB (expandable via microSD card slot up to 64GB)

Leagoo Elite 1 Review: UNBOXING

IMG_4612 IMG_4614 IMG_4615
To be honest this is the first time I am reviewing the Leagoo phone and it made a great first impression by a nice looking box and a great overall presentation.
Everything’s packed neatly and the contents include the USB brick and a charging cable, OTG cable, a pair of headphones, SIM ejector pin, instruction manuals and a screen protector. That’s quite a bundle, I would say.

Leagoo Elite 1 Review: DESIGN

When it comes to the design, we are looking at a very sleek and premium feeling device, which is very well made and it uses metal and glass sandwich construction. Also, it is quite a compact phone due since it carries only 5” display.
IMG_4635 IMG_4633
The front is covered with the Gorilla Glass 3 and on the top we have an LED, which can light up in 3 different colours, earpiece, a generous 13MP selfie camera and front firing LED flash.
Leagoo implemented a physical home button, which also doubles as a fingerprint scanner and it is said to be covered with the saphire glass. We also have two backlit capacitive keys next to it.
The back is also covered by the Gorilla Glass 3 but it is a fingerprint magnet as all glass surfaces.
As far as optics, we have a 16MP shooter with dual LED flash.
The Leagoo Elite 1 has a quality metal frame and on the right we have a bunch of controls, which include a volume rocker, power key and guess what, there is a camera shutter button but it only has one stage.
On the left there is a dual SIM or a combo of one SIM and the microSD card slot.

On the top there is a headset jack and on the bottom you can find a mic, a speaker grill and the USB port.
Overall, I have to say that this is a one premium looking phone with very good build quality that can rival much more expensive phones as Leagoo Elite 1 costs just below $200.

Leagoo Elite 1 Review: DISPLAY

When it comes to the display, we have a 5” 1080p IPS panel, which is nice and sharp to look at but I found colours to be on a colder side for my taste.

Leagoo Elite 1 Review: UI

The 2400mAh battery does not sound impressive neither on paper nor in reality. I could get maximum of 3 hours of screen-on time with the auto-brightness and one SIM card.

Leagoo Elite 1 Review: CONCLUSIONS

Leagoo Elite 1 is a one pleasant surprise, to be honest with you. The company is pretty serious about the presentation and it can be seen from the packaging to the design and the materials used in this phone.
It is a premium looking device that is compact and the Elite 1 has a feature-rich UI, which is running smoothly most of the times, a well-optimized processing package, which leads to a good gaming performance. Also, the phone has a pretty good but not perfect camera.
However, the Leagoo Elite 1 has a slow yet accurate fingerprint scanner and the battery life does not impress.
Other than that, the phone is a good offering considering the price if you don’t mind a few shortcomings… and if you choose the Elite 1, no one will think this is a sub-$200 phone.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Crazy Deal – Get Vernee Apollo Lite for as low as $99.99! umit 0 0 Yesterday 12:10 PM
Last Post: umit
  Get Leagoo M5 Plus From Aliexpress For $79.99 umit 0 1 Yesterday 12:10 PM
  GizmoChina Weekly: Top Stories From Oct 16 – 22 (OPPO R9S, Mate 9, Mi Note 2 &# umit 0 4 24-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  Qualcomm Announces 3 Mid-range Snapdragon Chipsets – 653, 626 &427 umit 0 4 18-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  Umi Plus Giveaway – Win A Free Smartphone From Gizmochina umit 0 4 18-Oct-2016 12:10 PM