Current time: 26-Oct-2016, 05:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you heard of this new Awesome Dropbox alternative? Starts at 22GB free storage
10-Oct-2013, 01:15 AM
Have you heard of this new Awesome Dropbox alternative? Starts at 22GB free storage
Update 1: I already got over 500GB free lifetime storage at Copy, awesome!

Recently, I encountered a cool online service and I couldn't resist to share it with you Smile.

If you know services like Dropbox, SugarSync or Skydrive you’re familiar with the concept of a cloud sync & storage service. Basically, you have a folder on your computer and whatever you put in there, it get’s synced to the cloud and to any other computer you’ve hooked up to the service. Great for backup and also great for sharing files and folders with anyone (even when the other party doesn’t use that particular service).

I’ve used Dropbox for a long time, but this weekend I came across which seems to have a nice edge over Dropbox.

Sharing has a more elaborate way of managing file and folder permissions with people and groups which is great when you share a lot with friends, family, colleagues or clients. They also have a Corporate version if you want even more functionality.

Multiplatform, multidevice
Besides that, they started with apps for MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android out of the box, that’s really great for multiplatform support and people using multiple platforms and devices (like I am).
The most important: loads of free storage!

But the biggest kicker for is their storage (and what can be more important for an online storage service?). They start you of with 15GB of free storage (20GB if you use this link and an extra 2GB if you tweet about them) which is much more compared to the 2GB you get when you start with Dropbox. As an extra: when you refer someone to Dropbox, they give you 500MB extra storage. But when you refer someone to they give you 5GB extra storage which can really give your online drive a boost and gives you the ability to maybe even backup and your complete music or photo collection online making it accessible across devices.

Update: I also discovered that there’s a app for Drobo (NAS system) which I already use and love. That way, it’s easy to sync the local backup on the Drobo with an offsite backup at Set-and-forget, really nice! More about that can be found on the Drobo website.

So if you want to give it a try, you can signup here and we’ll both get 5GB extra storage. Good luck and let me know what you think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do you prefer iOS or Android software? SameraAzam 0 5 24-Oct-2016 12:44 PM
Last Post: SameraAzam
  [FREE] Make Him Desire You Review killu 0 553 04-Jul-2014 08:55 PM
Last Post: killu
  [FREE][APP] Waze UP - App that every "Waze" user must have!!! Giladi 0 511 21-Mar-2014 02:14 PM
Last Post: Giladi
  God of Blades, Awesome Game ChiChai 2 760 17-Mar-2014 11:42 PM
Last Post: s7yler
Question [ROM] I have a Corrupted EFS Please help!! norway 0 729 14-Mar-2014 11:33 PM
Last Post: norway