Current time: 04-Dec-2016, 05:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Android Tablets
05-Dec-2012, 10:20 PM
Cheap Android Tablets
Ive been seeing a lot of cheap android tablets in the market and Im thinking of getting one to use as an extra monitor for my PC or an Internet radio. Not something I'd probably be playing games with so I don't need the screen to be that responsive. Are they worth it or should I just go for the more popular Chinese brands like the ones here in the forum?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-Dec-2012, 06:32 AM
RE: Cheap Android Tablets
If you mean the ones that cost about $60-$70 then they aren't really worth it. I bought a few in the past to resell them in my country. There was one that I kept to use as a sample. It stopped working after 3 months. While there was a warranty on it, the cost to ship it back to china was almost as much as the Tablet itself. I never got complaints for those I sold, but who would complain after 2-3 months when they had been warned that there was no warranty. So I would advise against those. Get one of the brand tablets instead.
08-Dec-2012, 07:29 PM
Do you know which part actually broke? I was also reading thru other threads and a lot are saying its the battery that goes first. They also said that its actually very easy to replace the battery
09-Dec-2012, 06:04 AM
(08-Dec-2012 07:29 PM)macpdiaz Wrote:  Do you know which part actually broke? I was also reading thru other threads and a lot are saying its the battery that goes first. They also said that its actually very easy to replace the battery

Well I tried to have it repaired locally and they said it was a part connected to the battery that broke, and they couldn't replace it. I also double checked in a few places and they said the same thing.
16-Dec-2012, 03:11 PM
I bought the Ployer momo 8 before some month from Chinese shop and i have to say that is really good. I recommend it, it is very good for it's price...
18-Jun-2013, 03:47 PM
I currently own a cheap android tablet. from the day i have purchased it up to a certain point when it broke, i was satisfied with it. except for when my son dropped it and the screen got broken. I would want to use it again, thinking i can have the display replaced, but I'm also having a hard time. I may be paying for more and simply buying another one may be the best option. Still not sure. Any suggestions?
18-Jun-2013, 09:11 PM
How cheap is cheap? And buy that I mean cheap, but good enough to use and will last at least a year. How much would one budget if trying to buy a cheap budget that won't break easily and quickly?
14-Sep-2013, 09:39 AM
I do not like cheap Android tablets. I had personally bought one for 60 dollars some five months back and the device lasted just 2 months and now its display needs to be changed. I would recommend people to buy Nexus tablets in place of Chinese tablets, Google made Nexus tablets are cheap tablets with a complete power performance.
28-Sep-2013, 02:25 AM
I found a super cheap tablet.

Product Specifications:
Android OS 4.0
Screen Size 7 inch
Screen Material TFT
Type Capacitive Touch Screen
Screen Resolution 800 x 480
CPU Allwinner Brand
CPU Allwinner A13 ARM Cortex-A8 Processor
1GHz CPU Frequency
GPU Mali-400
512MB RAM
4GB NAND Flash
Function Gravity Sensor, WiFi
WiFi 802.11 b / g / n
3G External 3G
Camera 2MP front camera
Language Inglês, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Afrikaans, Korean, Chinese, Malay
Audio Format OGG, WAV, WMA, MP3
Picture Format PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF
Video Format MKV, WMV, RMVB, MP4, 3GP, MPG, DAT, AVI
E-book Format TXT
Extend Port TF Card Slot, 3.5mm Earphones Port, Charging Port, Micro USB Port
Package Contents:
1 x Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x OTG Cable (USB HOST Cable)
1 x User Manual

I think they buy or not? it only costs 50 €
05-Oct-2013, 10:18 AM
If you're acceptable to replacing it every several months then feel free to get the cheap ones. As they say, 'you get what you pay for'. there really is no logic to not paying a decent price for a unit you'd like to use for at least a year. Also, if you do get a cheap one, don't expect tech support or availability of repair or replacement parts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tech-support for China Android Tablets Tribie 2 1,428 30-Sep-2013 08:55 AM
Last Post: ChiChai
  Live Wallpapers in Phone and in Tablets vida_llevares 5 1,849 11-Jun-2013 09:26 AM
Last Post: CrackDSkye