This tutorial is essentially the same as this one here:How To Root MTK6589 Tutorial
It is also very similiar to rooting MTK6577 based Jiayu phones with a batch file mentioned here:Jiayu G2 & G3 simple root
It is called auto root or one click root, because the rooting is done with a MSDOS batch file automatically. If you know how to click, you should be able to do it.
It has been reported on various devices, including ZOPO ZP980/C2/ZP810, Feiteng H9500, Star X920 Butterfly, HDC Galaxy S4, Star S7189.
- If not already installed, install the USB drivers. Download the drivers from here, or use PDAnet drivers. Refer to this thread on how to install PDAnet drivers.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone from Settings > Developer options
- Download and extract Auto Root package in a folder on your PC
- Connect your phone
- Go to the folder you extracted Auto Root package files and run the "run.bat" file by double clicking on it
- Press any key to continue
- Wait for process to finish and press any key again.
- Your phone will reboot automatically. Congratulations! You now have a rooted phone.
To help other rooters, please report back your phone make & model if this works or doesn't work for you.
Successful roots by members:
Cubot A890 - danealegana
THL W8 - nanimo, kelly2
Star N9389 - paaaapryka
THL W8+ - hendahewa
Iocean X7 - 2alive