How to backup text messages from android?

Home Forums Android Hardware Android Phones How to backup text messages from android?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  xnik 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rellacomb

I know phone backup is very important as there are many cases you would brick the phone. Currently, I used Dropbox to backup photos and documents. For contacts, I sync them with Gmail. The only question left is how to back up the messages to computer. Anyone know about this? thanks

Hileman
    Participant
    rellacomb wrote:
    I know phone backup is very important as there are many cases you would brick the phone. Currently, I used Dropbox to backup photos and documents. For contacts, I sync them with Gmail. The only question left is how to back up the messages to computer. Anyone know about this? thanks

It is an Android phone. You can simply go to Google Play to download some free apps such as sms backup & restore or sms backup +. They can save your text messages to xml file or email on computer.

Or you can download a pc program called Mobieldic Android Manager to transfer messages from Android to computer directly. You need to connect your Android to computer via usb or wifi.

Colleen11
    Participant
    rellacomb wrote:

Download one of several sms backup apps. I use SMS Backup & Restore for Android. It allows me to Backup to SD card, Dropbox or Google Drive. The backup file can be copied to the computer the if you wanted as well, and read from any device.

other solutions is try Android manger program which can help you transfer SMS messages from Android to PC directly. it help you move contacts, photos, videos and more…

rellacomb
    Colleen11 wrote:
    Download one of several sms backup apps. I use SMS Backup & Restore for Android. It allows me to Backup to SD card, Dropbox or Google Drive. The backup file can be copied to the computer the if you wanted as well, and read from any device.

other solutions is try Android manger program which can help you transfer SMS messages from Android to PC directly. it help you move contacts, photos, videos and more…

I heard about SMS backup app a while go and don’t like the user interface. I will give it on the Android manager. It seems more powerful though.

qiaolus

As for me, I used Android phone manager to transfer photos , apps, contacts, messages, music from your Android smart phone to PC. Moreover, this program can be compatible with all Android smart phones, such as Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC, Motorola, HUAWEI, and so on. How to save text messages to computer

sarathink

As you know, we can’t backup text messages android to computer just via the usb connecting, because the computer won’t detect it. An android assistant app could help, transfer sms, contacts, photos, etc. from your phone to computer with ease.

xnik

As far as I know, a special designed android data backup app could transfer everything from your phone to computer, and you need to enable usb debugging on your phone, or the app can’t detect your phone data.
    how to transfer text messages from android to computer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.