Can you upgrade a phones RAM?

Home Forums General Discussions General Discussions Can you upgrade a phones RAM?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hun10sta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

johnnear

I have an Android device and it’s running 512MB of RAM or at least that’s what the manufacturer’s claim. The runs fine when you’re not clogging the phone with apps and other process but once I start to do some resource hogging tasks like gaming or running a pretty heavy app, it starts to bog down and sometimes freeze or crash the app. I thought of downgrading the OS but I can’t do you think phone RAM’s can be upgraded much like a PC?

Flowwx
    Participant

Yes, you can do this, but as far as I know, only with an SD card. Check out this link for the tutorial.
    http://technofizi.com/how-to-increase-ram-in-android-mobile-phone-using-sd-card/

hun10sta
    Participant

No, you cannot physically increase the RAM of a cell phone. What you can do is increase the paging memory or swap file size, and a tutorial was linked above. It’ll speed up your phone a bit, but not as much as real RAM would.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.