Auto Root MTK6589 (One click root)

Home Forums Android Software How-to & Tutorials Auto Root MTK6589 (One click root)

This topic contains 450 replies, has 380 voices, and was last updated by  aladin 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 451 total)
  • Author

2alive
    Participant
    umit wrote:
    2alive wrote:
    Thanks, I want to root the Iocean X7, will try it.
    If it doesn´t work can it brick the phone?

There is always a risk involved during rooting. I don’t take any responsibility. However, in case of bricking, it may be possible to rescue the phone by re-installing official ROM using the SP flash tool.

The reason for root is that I can´t install recovery with sp flash tools.
    Gives me error 8038 PMT is ready and Layout has been changed!

2alive wrote:

You can try two things for recovery install:
    1. If you have original ROM, replace the recovery.img file with yours in the ROM contents folder.
    2. Try to install recovery from SD card using MTK Mobile Uncle tools available at Google Play.

There is a risk of bricking. I don’t take any responsibility. Just trying to help with my knowledge. But it has limits.

2alive
    Participant
    umit wrote:
    2alive wrote:

You can try two things for recovery install:
    1. If you have original ROM, replace the recovery.img file with yours in the ROM contents folder.
    2. Try to install recovery from SD card using MTK Mobile Uncle tools available at Google Play.

There is a risk of bricking. I don’t take any responsibility. Just trying to help with my knowledge. But it has limits.

Thanks for your help.
    Can’t install with mobile uncle (not rooted)

hendahewa
    Participant

Good stuff. Just rooted THL W8+ in no time. Cheers

2alive
    Participant

Thanks, great tool, just rootrd my iocean X7.
    No sweat:cool:, simple as one click.

Thanks for the help umit:)

turbojm88
    nanimo wrote:
    thanks a lot, my Thl W8 is now rooted and work fine
    easy & good

Dear nanimo, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I’m unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?
    [hr]

umit wrote:
    Komponini123 wrote:
    Shouldturn off my phone before plug it in ? Or I just have to leave it on and plug it like that ?

Turning the phone off is required during flashing with the flash tool. During rooting phone must me turned on.

Dear Komponini123 and umit,
    Actually I’m NOT tech-savvy. Anyone of you can provide me a more detail steps to follow? Like when to plug and when to switch on or off the phone? Sorry….because I do not understand most of the terms used, i.e. flash, recovery and etc….
    [hr]

hendahewa wrote:

Dear hendahewa, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I’m unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?
    [hr]
    Dear umit,
    I’m not a tech-savvy guy, do not understand most of the terms used (like flash, recovery and etc…) My Thl W 8 bought from China having problem to add my Google account (origianlly wasn’t pre-installed) , so can’t download any Google apps. Does your rooting method help? Because this keep popping out while I tried to log in with existing or even new account – “this could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services”.

turbojm88 wrote:
    nanimo wrote:
    easy & good

Dear nanimo, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I’m unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?
    [hr]

umit wrote:
    Komponini123 wrote:
    Shouldturn off my phone before plug it in ? Or I just have to leave it on and plug it like that ?

Turning the phone off is required during flashing with the flash tool. During rooting phone must me turned on.

Actually I’m NOT tech-savvy. Anyone of you can provide me a more detail steps to follow? Like when to plug and when to switch on or off the phone? Sorry….because I do not understand most of the terms used, i.e. flash, recovery and etc….
    [hr]

hendahewa wrote:

Dear hendahewa, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I’m unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?
    [hr]
    Dear umit,
    I’m not a tech-savvy guy, do not understand most of the terms used (like flash, recovery and etc…) My Thl W 8 bought from China having problem to add my Google account (origianlly wasn’t pre-installed) , so can’t download any Google apps. Does your rooting method help? Because this keep popping out while I tried to log in with existing or even new account – “this could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services”.

For rooting you don’t need to turn off the phone. Just follow the steps in the first post. To install apps from Google Play, your phone must be connected to the internet either using wi-fi or 2G/3G. Rooting only gives you more control on your device. You can reinstall Google Play store and Google services. However, you need to know how to do it. Without any knowledge, I don’t think you can.

noppus

It does not work for my HDC Storm MX

turbojm88
    umit wrote:
    turbojm88 wrote:
    nanimo wrote:
    easy & good

[hr]

umit wrote:
    Komponini123 wrote:

[hr]

hendahewa wrote:

[hr]
    Dear umit,

For rooting you don’t need to turn off the phone. Just follow the steps in the first post. To install apps from Google Play, your phone must be connected to the internet either using wi-fi or 2G/3G. Rooting only gives you more control on your device. You can reinstall Google Play store and Google services. However, you need to know how to do it. Without any knowledge, I don’t think you can.

Dear umit,
    I really need your kind instruction to make it right. Please advise.

turbojm88 wrote:
    Dear umit,
    I really need your kind instruction to make it right. Please advise.

I wish I could help. But, don’t think it is possible remotely. Sorry. The instructions in the first post are detailed and they didn’t help. I don’t know what else I can do.

root82

Cool!!! I have rooted phone in 30 seconds including automatic reboot! Hero H7500+.

Worked on the Feiteng H7189/H7100 I have. Now does anyone have a way of getting CWM on it?

xevy

hello

I have proven, it works perfectly!!

my phone is a newman (newsmy) nm890 android 4.1.2 mtk6589

many thanks

Burtugey
    Participant

Thanks I’ve successfully rooted Star S7189

wurlyfan

This process rooted my Mediatek-branded MT6589 phone quickly and with no errors. However, I now find that I have a strange problem with Voice Search – Google Play says it is installed but it doesn’t appear in the phone’s App list. This may not be anything to do with the rooting process, and I will follow up elsewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 451 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.