Monday, January 16, 2017

What are the Negative Effects of Rooting?

Home Forums Android Software Help Requests What are the Negative Effects of Rooting?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  choppin 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

lindbergh

We know that rooting is good since it allows Android devices to support a lot more apps. However, are there any negative effects of rooting an Android device?

for one thing, if you mess up, you’ll void your phone’s warranty. at least that’s the deal in my case. and most of the people i have talked to about this.

Norrwen

Voiding the warranty is very bad, because if something happens to your phone, your on your own.

ainolsupporter
    Participant

The only downside is losing the warranty, as @vida_llevares mentioned… but I read there are ways to virtually delete any signs of your device being rooted (I think this goes further than just unrooting) so that whatever company you bought it from doesn’t realize the device had been rooted.

Norrwen

I like to have my device in pristine condition, also. But some people like to JailBreak Iphones and root Androids. I guess it’s nice to have a rooted android.

lindbergh

In addition to what you have said, I have read that if you make a mistake in rooting your phone, there is a possibility that the phone would become “bricked” – meaning you would not be able to use the phone anymore because it would be permanently damaged.

I’m now a bit scared to root my phone.

JeffdaChef

First of all it is illegal, and you will always void the warranty!

lindbergh

I wonder why rooting is considered illegal when you already bought the phone in the first place. The phone is yours and you can do anything with it right? You could give it to a friend or you could throw it into the ocean. Then here comes rooting and they say that it’s illegal. Why?

Artixion
    Participant

I don’t suggest doing this because it negates the warranty and if anything happens you will be left in the dark!

Bazabaza
    Participant
    lindbergh wrote:
    I wonder why rooting is considered illegal when you already bought the phone in the first place. The phone is yours and you can do anything with it right? You could give it to a friend or you could throw it into the ocean. Then here comes rooting and they say that it’s illegal. Why?

The reason is that rooting allows the user to protected areas that potentially can make the phone unusable. This means that the manufacturer is having to repair something that they shouldn’t have to, therefore to them it negates your warranty. Its not illegal as such.

jgonz951

Rooting is certainly not illegal. The only reason people think its illegal is because the manufacturer voids warranty. They have every right to do so and we have every right to root our phone. The only real risk of rooting a phone is that it may become bricked and rendered useless.

babbbyyyy
    Participant
    JeffdaChef wrote:
    First of all it is illegal, and you will always void the warranty!

rooting is not illegal and it wont void the warranty too… both rooting and jailbreaking was always considered legal to do..only unlocking was illegal once but Got a good response from the white house about legalizing cell phone unlocking. here is the source:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/04/white-house-phone-unlock/
    The recent ruling that effectively bans third-party unlocking has ruffled more than a few feathers, and the people have spoken with their electronic signatures—14,322 of them , to be exact. Now the petition to the White House, which asks that DMCA protection of phone unlockers be reconsidered, has finally received an official response, and it appears that it’s for the positive.
    You can still get your phone unlocked from any third party vendors like Mobileunlocksolutions.com ..there is no issues on rooting,jailbreaking and unlocking…

choppin
    Participant

you’ll void your phone’s warranty.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.