Friday, January 20, 2017

THL W100 factory mode in Chinese language

Home Forums Android Hardware Android Phones THL W100 factory mode in Chinese language

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  speedster614 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

yallow

I’ve discovered problem on my THL W100; when I press power bottom+ volume key during start to get to factory mode; the recovery boot screen appears in Chinese language.
    Can someone let me know how to change it in English or paste translation of each line?
    [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
    see photo – 9 line in Chinese

dimavs
    Participant
    yallow wrote:
    I’ve discovered problem on my THL W100; when I press power bottom+ volume key during start to get to factory mode; the recovery boot screen appears in Chinese language.
    Can someone let me know how to change it in English or paste translation of each line?

see photo – 9 line in Chinese

And now use your phone and google translate :-)

You can’t select the first line, so obviously it’s the name – Factory mode, so it’s only eight menu items (the last one – reboot and other one – Clear eMMC)

You need to find a suitable English recovery image and flash it.

yallow
    umit wrote:
    You need to find a suitable English recovery image and flash it.

i did find Recovery in english “forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2312557”

but if i did it is this means the ROM will be flashed also? or can I flash the recovery without effecting the ROM factory setting comes originally with phone?

can i backup the entire phone original ROM to save it on my hard drive? just in case!

yallow wrote:
    i did find Recovery in english “forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2312557”

but if i did it is this means the ROM will be flashed also? or can I flash the recovery without effecting the ROM factory setting comes originally with phone?

can i backup the entire phone original ROM to save it on my hard drive? just in case!

You can only flash the recovery image with SP flash tools. Just replace the recovery.img file in the ROM folder before flashing and uncheck all others but recovery.img.

Yes, it would be better if you can save the entire ROM. If you cannot, and if you have the original ROM files, you can just backup your settings and apps using Titanium backup.

on6stringz

trying to put the chinese thl w100 into download mode and install jellybam having issues putting custom recovery mode on it please help!

yallow

okay. i found it. i was pressing volume down + power during starting up. this will take you to the factory mode as seen in photo in Chinese which i have no use for it. “communication issues!”
    the correct way to get to recovery mode which in English is to press volume UP + power during starting.

to get official factory ROM; http://www.needrom.com/mobile/thl-w100/ .

tjog

Hey, how did you install the ROM from recovery mode??
    im stuck at the recovery screen and have no idea what to do and how to install!!
    thanks

yallow wrote:
    okay. i found it. i was pressing volume down + power during starting up. this will take you to the factory mode as seen in photo in Chinese which i have no use for it. “communication issues!”
    the correct way to get to recovery mode which in English is to press volume UP + power during starting.

to get official factory ROM; http://www.needrom.com/mobile/thl-w100/ .

nomale

I tried both volume up and volume down. In both cases i got a Chinese menu. I don’t know what to choose for reset factory settings.
    HELP!

the menu i got is exactly the same as the menu you posted in chinese
    [hr]
    [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]I tried both volume up and volume down. In both cases i got a Chinese menu. I don’t know what to choose for reset factory settings.
    HELP!

the menu i got is exactly the same as the menu you posted in chinese

Bootta
    Participant

工厂模式(Gōng chǎng mó shì)=factory model
    完整测试(Wán zhěng cè shì)=complete testing
    单项测试(Dān xiàng cè shì)=single testing
    测试报告(Cè shì bào gào)=test report
    清除e MMC(Qīng chú e MMC)=Clear/Remove/reset e MMC
    版本信息(Bǎn běn xìn xī)=Version Information
    重启手机(Chóng qǐ shǒu jī)= restarting the phone

heyy dat is not usefull you enter into the recovery mode by pressing vol up+power+home button…..then u will see a dead android and then press rightsoft key and simultenously means just after pressing the right soft key directlyy u press the thje home buttonn then u have solvedd ur problem means u will be able to see thatt all inn the english language okk iff thiss workss thenn replyy mee itss okk….

Siddhant Mane wrote:
    heyy dat is not usefull you enter into the recovery mode by pressing vol up+power+home button…..then u will see a dead android and then press rightsoft key and simultenously means just after pressing the right soft key directlyy u press the thje home buttonn then u have solvedd ur problem means u will be able to see thatt all inn the english language okk iff thiss workss thenn replyy mee itss okk….

Hey Mr. genious, it really worked
    thnxxxx

zuklior

does anyone know if the w100s support hebrew??? :s

Bazabaza
    Participant
    zuklior wrote:
    does anyone know if the w100s support hebrew??? :s

Cant see it on the screen shots

****://www.thlmobilestore.com/thl-w100s-smartphone-android-4-2-mtk6582m-1-3ghz-quad-core-4-5-inch-ips-screen-5-0mp-front-camera-black.html

Mizi Mizie
    Bootta wrote:
    工厂模式(Gōng chǎng mó shì)=factory model
    完整测试(Wán zhěng cè shì)=complete testing
    单项测试(Dān xiàng cè shì)=single testing
    测试报告(Cè shì bào gào)=test report
    清除e MMC(Qīng chú e MMC)=Clear/Remove/reset e MMC
    版本信息(Bǎn běn xìn xī)=Version Information
    重启手机(Chóng qǐ shǒu jī)= restarting the phone

Really thankful for these but my devise has 2 extra menus in factory mode.
    I recently bricked my phone n have been trying to revive it. using Sp tools is currently not possible as the device didn’t connect fully with pc. tried using a different sd card n going into recovery mode using “update from sd card” only 1 zip file got in among a few (stock rom, recovery, boot,…) i placed in that card. N mine only got normal mode, fastboot mode and recovery mode. cant find download mode. android version 4.4.4 device, please help if can.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.