Wednesday, January 18, 2017

If a product is cheap, does it mean it sucks?

Home Forums General Discussions General Discussions If a product is cheap, does it mean it sucks?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  pandandesign 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

With my Starmobile Astra, this is not the case. The battery is a bit lacking but i fixed that with antutu battery saver and cpu master. What is your experience?

supersonic

I don’t think that means that it sucks. Cheap is a relative term. If you say something is cheap, then that generally means there are substantially more expensive items. I think if it’s cheap, that just mean it has a much lower price. Many times it is also a low quality item. I think that is something you have to see for yourself really.

NextLT

Not necessarily.
    It really depends on the maker and the type of product you are getting.
    With phones yes, cheap usually does mean a crap phone.

supersonic
    NextLT wrote:
    Not necessarily.
    It really depends on the maker and the type of product you are getting.
    With phones yes, cheap usually does mean a crap phone.

I agree with this actually. A cheap phone will usually suck. Really bad lol.

Artixion
    Participant

No not really, it could mean that theres a deal etc. But when it comes to phones then yes.

Anonymous

It doesn’t necessarily mean that it sucks. Try it out for yourself, see what happens. Thats the only way you’ll know for sure.

seotut

Cheap usually means that the materials used in manufacturing are worse, less money is spent on research, and the actual design of the device is as great as in the case of other devices.

But there’s something called the law of diminishing returns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diminishing_returns) which covers the price distribution in most markets. Rather than spending a lot of money on a Samsung Galaxy S3/4, by spending a lot less money, you can get something that just a little bit worse.

Emzy
    Participant

I bought many cheap things mostly chinese electronics. I can’t complain.

misspan

Not really. Some cheap things also are worthy buying for their good quality.
    Many Chinese electronics are cheap because they are purchased from manufacturers directly by the sellers with lower price.
    Many shopping website do like this, such as Suning.com, JD.com and mentoo.com ….

ppmint

Not always. You should always do some research and try to read as many reviews as you can. Sometimes the cheaper option offers the best value for money but at other times it is worth spending the extra money for a better quality item. A cheaper product probably means that it’s not as good as an expensive product, but it doesn’t mean that it’s no good at all. This is where research comes in.

jgonz951

I guess this is one of those sections were it really depends on where you are getting your products. Cheap doesn’t necessarily mean bad, but most of the suppliers I come across with always tell me that, “You always get what you pay for, especially in China.” So I am guessing with electronics it is the same deal.

brady56
    Participant

if the price is cheap the qualtiy i can say is not good

Canadian Lover
    Participant

Being inexpensive does not mean that the phone sucks. From a Chinese perspective, it may be wise to pay more for the better brand but there are always less expensive Androids from the same Manufacture. My Galaxy Q may not be the latest S4, but it does everything I need, – internet tethering, data, and and talk and text. In addition, it works on my good, value oriented cell phone carrier.

seotut

Obviously, you can’t overgeneralize. But in general, if a product is more expensive, usually more money was put into making it. This can mean more research, better manufacturing technology, better quality, or can mean more marketing and advertising, which doesn’t actually improve the product.

When it comes to Chinese electronics, most of them are built on the same SoC, so there can’t be huge differences, but as I said in a different thread, I would be very careful with the regulations to which a device abides.

stephen_vort
    brady56 wrote:
    if the price is cheap the qualtiy i can say is not good

im not agree with you.

well, a same product has different price in both shops and online shop.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.