Thursday, January 19, 2017

Do You Use Live Wallpapers?

Home Forums Android Software Apps, Games & Utilities Do You Use Live Wallpapers?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  davidexct 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

lindbergh

Live Wallpapers are cool to look at. When I first got my Android phone, I was always looking for live wallpapers that I could use and show off to my friends. As time passed by though, I noticed that live wallpapers also drain the battery a lot faster. This prompted me to not use them anymore. I now only use still pictures as my wallpaper. Do you still use live wallpapers?

man007

I like them too… But as you said they drain a lot of battery… That’s why I am using light live wallpaper that doesn’t kill your battery. I have found some of them on android market.

Alex19
    Participant

I usually use Live Wallpapers but they drain a lot of battery and that`s a big disadvantage for me. Of course they look cool, but I have to say pass.

macpdiaz

Nope, not in any of my devices. Even my PC. haha. Its just too distracting… i mean, peripheral view, if the wallpaper moves, it looks like your phone just displayed an alert.

mbarrett

I used live wallpapers when I first got my phone. I had one in place just to look at it because it’s pretty. After a few days, I realized it was severely draining my battery. I set my background black instead and it has increased by battery life by a significant amount. It’s probably one of the easiest ways to conserve battery life other than switching off Wifi and Bluetooth.

ppmint

I used to use one but switched to a beautiful patterned picture for the battery benefits. I don’t find myself looking at the home screen a lot anyway so it was really a waste.

bearman
    Participant

I like Live Wallpapers but they drain the battery faster. Even though they look cool, I don’t use them.

LREC94

My Galaxy Nexus seems to have a great battery life, so I use Live Wallpapers. Even with one, my battery will last upwards of 3+ days!

CrackDSkye
    Participant

They’re fun to look at at first. But then it gets boring. There are other interactive live wallpaper apps like Photile. But it just drains your battery more than a normal live wallpaper would.

uashwinp

I don’t use live wallpapers because they are just a gimmick and offer little productivity for the user. Besides, they simply drain the battery completely even before a day’s usage. It’s not worth it unless we are going to put our phone on display and want to attract visitors to check it out!

davidexct
    Participant

I personally neither use live wallpapers nor I recommend anyone to use them on their Android devices.

Live Wallpapers occupy too much of system memory and processing capabilities of a processor due to which it reduces the overall device performance and the battery life of our device. For me, I need an Android mobile phone whose battery lasts more than a day which is only possible if I don’t use a live wallpaper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.