Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Cheap Android Tablets

Home Forums Android Hardware Android Tablets Cheap Android Tablets

This topic contains 19 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  MaxS 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

macpdiaz

Ive been seeing a lot of cheap android tablets in the market and Im thinking of getting one to use as an extra monitor for my PC or an Internet radio. Not something I’d probably be playing games with so I don’t need the screen to be that responsive. Are they worth it or should I just go for the more popular Chinese brands like the ones here in the forum?

Memento_Mori

If you mean the ones that cost about $60-$70 then they aren’t really worth it. I bought a few in the past to resell them in my country. There was one that I kept to use as a sample. It stopped working after 3 months. While there was a warranty on it, the cost to ship it back to china was almost as much as the Tablet itself. I never got complaints for those I sold, but who would complain after 2-3 months when they had been warned that there was no warranty. So I would advise against those. Get one of the brand tablets instead.

macpdiaz

Do you know which part actually broke? I was also reading thru other threads and a lot are saying its the battery that goes first. They also said that its actually very easy to replace the battery

Memento_Mori
    macpdiaz wrote:
    Do you know which part actually broke? I was also reading thru other threads and a lot are saying its the battery that goes first. They also said that its actually very easy to replace the battery

Well I tried to have it repaired locally and they said it was a part connected to the battery that broke, and they couldn’t replace it. I also double checked in a few places and they said the same thing.

man007

I bought the Ployer momo 8 before some month from Chinese shop and i have to say that is really good. I recommend it, it is very good for it’s price…

2ndloopster
    Participant

I currently own a cheap android tablet. from the day i have purchased it up to a certain point when it broke, i was satisfied with it. except for when my son dropped it and the screen got broken. I would want to use it again, thinking i can have the display replaced, but I’m also having a hard time. I may be paying for more and simply buying another one may be the best option. Still not sure. Any suggestions?

How cheap is cheap? And buy that I mean cheap, but good enough to use and will last at least a year. How much would one budget if trying to buy a cheap budget that won’t break easily and quickly?

davidexct
    Participant

I do not like cheap Android tablets. I had personally bought one for 60 dollars some five months back and the device lasted just 2 months and now its display needs to be changed. I would recommend people to buy Nexus tablets in place of Chinese tablets, Google made Nexus tablets are cheap tablets with a complete power performance.

fermlour
    Participant

I found a super cheap tablet.

Product Specifications:
    Android OS 4.0
    Screen Size 7 inch
    Screen Material TFT
    Type Capacitive Touch Screen
    Screen Resolution 800 x 480
    CPU Allwinner Brand
    CPU Allwinner A13 ARM Cortex-A8 Processor
    1GHz CPU Frequency
    GPU Mali-400
    512MB RAM
    4GB NAND Flash
    Function Gravity Sensor, WiFi
    WiFi 802.11 b / g / n
    3G External 3G
    Camera 2MP front camera
    Language Inglês, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Afrikaans, Korean, Chinese, Malay
    Audio Format OGG, WAV, WMA, MP3
    Picture Format PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF
    Video Format MKV, WMV, RMVB, MP4, 3GP, MPG, DAT, AVI
    E-book Format TXT
    Extend Port TF Card Slot, 3.5mm Earphones Port, Charging Port, Micro USB Port
    Package Contents:
    1 x Tablet PC
    1 x USB Cable
    1 x OTG Cable (USB HOST Cable)
    1 x User Manual

I think they buy or not? it only costs 50 €

Colesdad
    Participant

If you’re acceptable to replacing it every several months then feel free to get the cheap ones. As they say, ‘you get what you pay for’. there really is no logic to not paying a decent price for a unit you’d like to use for at least a year. Also, if you do get a cheap one, don’t expect tech support or availability of repair or replacement parts.

Summer
    man007 wrote:
    I bought the Ployer momo 8 before some month from Chinese shop and i have to say that is really good. I recommend it, it is very good for it’s price…

I have a Ployer momo tablet PC, but mine is momo9. I bought it on a site of tinytrade, cost me $67.44. This cheap tablet features not so many functions, but it is enough for me as i mainly use it to watch videos and read e-book.

madboy007

great post!

mobimania

you can use tablet compare feature to check out on pricing of your tablets its available on most of the websites now a days,
    Its really helpful in finding a cheap tablet with the features you want in it…..

Ada
    Participant
    macpdiaz wrote:
    Ive been seeing a lot of cheap android tablets in the market and Im thinking of getting one to use as an extra monitor for my PC or an Internet radio. Not something I’d probably be playing games with so I don’t need the screen to be that responsive. Are they worth it or should I just go for the more popular Chinese brands like the ones here in the forum?

Pipo S1 on RK3066-is still the best option for the purchase of low-cost and fast tablets. Although it costs below are plates on chip A13, but the speed of them is not the same, and 512 MB of memory is too small for Android 4.x

Rohan99

As long as you get a tablet that doesn’t have a MIPS cpu then you will be okay. I bought a Chinese tablet on ebay and it was the worst thing ever because of the type of cpu it had. Most of the apps in the google play store are not compatible with it and streaming on the internet is almost impossible because of no flash support and the poor performance of the cpu. Just don’t get a tablet with MIPS cpu.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.