Wednesday, January 25, 2017

About No.1 P7 MTK6589

Home Forums Android Software Help Requests About No.1 P7 MTK6589

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alfacat 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

alfacat
    Participant

I bought this tablet/phone, first china tablet and have few questions:

1) is there/or when it will be available – 100% possible root for this device? Now it has Android 4.1.2 with annoying iOS applications which makes Android worse.

2) after root, can I remove factory installed Android and install new Android OS?

alfacat wrote:
    I bought this tablet/phone, first china tablet and have few questions:

1) is there/or when it will be available – 100% possible root for this device? Now it has Android 4.1.2 with annoying iOS applications which makes Android worse.

2) after root, can I remove factory installed Android and install new Android OS?

I don’t know when the root will be available. But, for the annoying apps, you can uninstall or disable them without root. Look here:
    http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-How-to-get-rid-of-Android-crapware

Replacing ROM has nothing to do with rooting. You can flash it if you find a better ROM for your device, regardless of whether it is rooted or not.

alfacat
    Participant
    umit wrote:
    Replacing ROM has nothing to do with rooting. You can flash it if you find a better ROM for your device, regardless of whether it is rooted or not.

Is there a tutorial for this – for the idea of process.
    Better ROM is as changing actual device ROM and reflashing?

alfacat wrote:
    Is there a tutorial for this – for the idea of process.
    Better ROM is as changing actual device ROM and reflashing?

Yes, ROM means firmware or operating system of the phone. Look here for the ROM flashing procedure with SP flash tool. It is also possible to flash ROM from SD card.
    http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-ROM-flashing-tutorial-for-MTK-chipset-phones

alfacat
    Participant

No.1 P7 tablet has installed TF memory card inside device. It has MTK6589, can I flash it with new Android? Wrong flash can brick it? Or it depends on machine – for some flash can be done, for others – not?

alfacat wrote:
    No.1 P7 tablet has installed TF memory card inside device. It has MTK6589, can I flash it with new Android? Wrong flash can brick it? Or it depends on machine – for some flash can be done, for others – not?

Yes you can flash new ROM. But the new ROM must be for No.1 P7. Wrong ROM flash can brick it.

alfacat
    Participant
    umit wrote:
    alfacat wrote:

Yes you can flash new ROM. But the new ROM must be for No.1 P7. Wrong ROM flash can brick it.

That is that ROM, which comes from factory with installed OS (can be the same which they sell with No.1 P7)?

alfacat wrote:
    umit wrote:

That is that ROM, which comes from factory with installed OS (can be the same which they sell with No.1 P7)?

Sorry, I didn’t understand what you mean.

alfacat
    Participant
    umit wrote:
    alfacat wrote:
    umit wrote:

Sorry, I didn’t understand what you mean.

I know that there is MTK6589 ROM flashing, but can it be that No.1 P7 make specific for themselves, which is not available, and if you install other – you automatically brick device? Basically every china droid phone/tablet makes their own tweaked OS, so nobody can flash after purchase?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.