If you are fan of 5″ smartphones, you already know about the ZUK Z2. With its powerfull specs and elegant design, Z2 already became very popular among users and has many fan sites in a short time after it was released 2 months ago. With its $299 price tag it was already the cheapest Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 powered device and was strongest contender of Xiaomi Mi5 and LeEco Le Max 2 in this price range. Then we saw price cut of Le Max 2, being sold under $300, and now ZUK Z2 took this place, again, with the brand new Rio edition.
Specs are the same with ZUK Z2, except for RAM and ROM configuration which has been reduced to 3GB and 32GB. The original ZUK Z2 has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. Even the clock speed of the Snapdragon 820 stayed the same, 2.15GHz, not an underclocked version like we saw in Xiaomi Mi5’s 3GB/32GB version as 1.8GHz ($329).
ZUK Z2 Rio Edition specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZUI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, ISOCELL sensor, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.9-degree wide viewing angle
- Dual (nano) SIMs
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 141.65×68.88×8.45mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Oh yes the price, only 1599 Yuan, $240 for this power house ! However if Chinese customers choose to order through selected online stores they will receive a 100 Yuan price cut making the phone just 1499 Yuan ($224) starting August 2.
That’s insane price for a Snapdragon 820 flagship! [source]