Current time: 21-Oct-2016, 10:11 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Unboxing and First Impressions
20-Apr-2015, 12:10 PM
ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Unboxing and First Impressions

ZTE is one of those major Chinese manufacturers, which is widely known for its devices not only in China, but also internationally. What is more, their Nubia sub-brand is known for offering high quality for a price, which is lower than competitors like Apple or Samsung. In the past few years Nubia managed to prove that with the Z5 mini and Z7 mini smartphones, which received positive reviews. This time around, we have a just announced ZTE Nubia Z9 mini. Let us unbox it and our first impressions.

Display 5″ 1080p resolution (Full-HD)
Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, 64bit, 1.5GHz Cortex A53 quad core + 1.0GHz Cortex A53 quad core;  GPU: Adreno 405
Camera 8MP Front/16MP Back, f/2.0 aperture
Connectivity Bluetooth, 3G, 4G LTE, GPS, WIFI, GSM,EDGE, GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, Dual SIM standby (nano SIM slots)
Battery 2.900 mAh Li-polimer (non-removable)
Dimensions 141.3 x 69.8 x 8.2 mm (5.56 x 2.75 x 0.32 in), 147 g (5.19 oz)
OS Android 5.0.2 Lolipop
Storage 16GB (can be expanded up to 128GB via Micro SD)

As far as the specs go, the Nubia Z9 Mini goes into the upper mid-range devices category. It does not spot a top of the line chip, but Snapdragon 615 processor has proven to be an excellent choice in the this category. Also, it is a 64-bit chip and Nubia Z9 Mini uses this architecture to the full extent as it comes with the Android 5.0.2 out of the box. Other noticeable specs are the powerful cameras, huge battery and the Micro SD card slot.

The display on the Nubia Z9 Mini is bright, sharp and vivid. Also, the colour reproduction seems to be natural, but on a warmer side. A pleasant panel to look at. It is a bit reflective in the direct sunlight, but it may be due to the pre-installed screen protector. All in all, I’m happy about it as it spots usual positive aspects of quality LCD screens.

The first impressions are pretty good. The smartphone comes in a quite premium packaging and the presentation is really good. I would love to see a pair of headphones included, though. On the other hand, you receive a nicely made flat USB cable.

The device spots a nice design with a great build quality. Also, it is really compact as the screen has the size of 5 inches only. Moreover, the screen seems to be sharp and vivid, but a bit reflective in the direct sunlight.

All in all, the initial impressions are positive and I will share my in-depth review after I spend a bit more time with the device. Stay tuned!

In case you got interested in the device and can’t wait for the full review, you can buy ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini for €279.99 from The reason why I recommend this retailer besides great prices and service is that they have an import duties/taxes/VAT insurance, which is major plus to save some money avoiding the latter fees.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  UHANS H5000 Unboxing (Video) umit 0 2 19-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
Last Post: umit
  Nubia Z11 Mini S Hands on Images: 98% Metal Body, New Antenna Design & Rear Fing umit 0 4 18-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  Nubia Z11 Mini S Launched Sporting 23MP Sony IMX318 Rear Camera umit 0 4 18-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  Nubia Z11 Mini S with 23MP Rear Camera Clears TENAA, Likely Launching Soon umit 0 3 17-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  TomTop is the first shop to host Elephone S7 and R9! (video) umit 0 5 15-Oct-2016 12:10 PM