Current time: 03-Dec-2016, 03:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi Mi4i Review – A Flagship or Not?
19-Jun-2015, 12:10 PM
Xiaomi Mi4i Review – A Flagship or Not?
Xiaomi is probably the best known Chinese manufacturer and each smartphone the company releases sells out in minutes. Xiaomi says that the Mi4i model is their latest flagship smartphone. Does it live up to the flagship grade expectations? Is it really worth the “Sold out in a few minutes… again” moniker? Please check out both video and written reviews of the Xiaomi Mi4i.

Xiaomi Mi4i Review: VIDEO

All you need to know in the video review!

Xiaomi Mi4i Review: SPECIFICATIONS

Display 5″ 1080p, 441PPI
Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (64-bit, octa-core, 1.7GHz)
RAM 2GB
Camera 5MP Front/13MP Back
Connectivity Bluetooth, 3G, 4G, GPS, WIFI, GSM,EDGE, GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+,
Battery 3.120 mAh Li-Ion (non-removable)
Dimensions 138.1 x 69.6 x 7.8 mm / 5.44 x 2.74 x 0.31 inches / 130g
OS MIUI 6.5.5, Android 5.0 Lolipop
Storage 16GB (non-expandable)

Xiaomi Mi4i Review: UNBOXING

A plain box with all the contents put neatly but no premium presentation

IMG_9681

The huge battery delivers in real life as you can be sure that the juice pack will get you through the day even if you are a heavy user. Also, the screen on and stanby times are great as you can watch the HD video for around 10 hours, which is quite impressive. Overall, the battery life is very good.

Xiaomi Mi4i Review: CONCLUSIONS

A great device overall despite a few shortcomings

Screenshot 2015-06-18 16.29.22

Is the Xiaomi Mi4i a flagship device as the company declares? Well, no it is not. Considering the specs sheet and synthetic benchmark results it is more like an upper-midrange device.

On the other hand, the real life scenarios suggest that the device can deliver almost flagship-grade performance. To begin with, it is very fast and even the most graphically intensive tasks are handled pretty well.  However, the more processing power you require, the more it heats up. Actually, the chip inside can overheat easily and may even make the device uncomfortable to hold it in your hand. I know that this is widely known issue, but I hope that Xiaomi will fix it as soon as possible. For example, I’ve reviewed ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini with the same processor, but I did not have these issues at all.

IMG_9414

Still, there are plenty of things that work well on this device. I love the UI, which works fine most of the time. In addition, the camera is really great despite a few minor shortcomings. Finally, the all the connectivity options work great and the battery life is amazing. Overall, the Xiaomi Mi4i is a great upper mid-range device from a well-known Chinese manufacturer. Despite a few shortcomings, which can be fixed via software updates, I believe it is a great smartphone worth your attention. Buy Xiaomi Mi4i for just $248![source]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gearbest Black Friday Promotion – Win Favorites At Lowest Price umit 0 7 22-Nov-2016 01:10 PM
Last Post: umit
  Zenoplige ZEN BOX Z2 Android TV Box Review – Great Value for Money umit 0 7 21-Nov-2016 01:10 PM
  The making of UMi Plus E – The Pinnacle of Craftsmanship (video) umit 0 6 19-Nov-2016 01:10 PM
  Gizmochina Giveaway – Win A Free Umi Diamond Phone umit 0 7 18-Nov-2016 01:10 PM
  Meizu EP2X Earphones Review – High Quality and Super Comfortable! umit 0 11 17-Nov-2016 01:10 PM