Current time: 04-Dec-2016, 04:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the Negative Effects of Rooting?
21-Dec-2012, 02:41 AM
What are the Negative Effects of Rooting?
We know that rooting is good since it allows Android devices to support a lot more apps. However, are there any negative effects of rooting an Android device?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-Dec-2012, 03:34 PM
RE: What are the Negative Effects of Rooting?
for one thing, if you mess up, you'll void your phone's warranty. at least that's the deal in my case. and most of the people i have talked to about this.
24-Dec-2012, 09:35 PM
Voiding the warranty is very bad, because if something happens to your phone, your on your own.
25-Dec-2012, 06:06 PM
The only downside is losing the warranty, as @vida_llevares mentioned... but I read there are ways to virtually delete any signs of your device being rooted (I think this goes further than just unrooting) so that whatever company you bought it from doesn't realize the device had been rooted.

You will never be the best at something. There will always be an Asian guy with a higher score.
01-Jan-2013, 09:12 AM
I like to have my device in pristine condition, also. But some people like to JailBreak Iphones and root Androids. I guess it's nice to have a rooted android.
01-Jan-2013, 03:06 PM
In addition to what you have said, I have read that if you make a mistake in rooting your phone, there is a possibility that the phone would become "bricked" - meaning you would not be able to use the phone anymore because it would be permanently damaged.

I'm now a bit scared to root my phone.
05-Jan-2013, 11:55 AM
First of all it is illegal, and you will always void the warranty!
05-Jan-2013, 06:50 PM
I wonder why rooting is considered illegal when you already bought the phone in the first place. The phone is yours and you can do anything with it right? You could give it to a friend or you could throw it into the ocean. Then here comes rooting and they say that it's illegal. Why?
05-Jan-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't suggest doing this because it negates the warranty and if anything happens you will be left in the dark!
18-May-2013, 07:10 PM
(05-Jan-2013 06:50 PM)lindbergh Wrote:  I wonder why rooting is considered illegal when you already bought the phone in the first place. The phone is yours and you can do anything with it right? You could give it to a friend or you could throw it into the ocean. Then here comes rooting and they say that it's illegal. Why?

The reason is that rooting allows the user to protected areas that potentially can make the phone unusable. This means that the manufacturer is having to repair something that they shouldn't have to, therefore to them it negates your warranty. Its not illegal as such.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MTK6580 Rooting Pacman 0 723 26-Jan-2016 01:13 PM
Last Post: Pacman
  [TUT] What is Android Rooting umit 7 1,726 22-Nov-2013 10:11 AM
Last Post: choppin
  Rooting - The Android Equivalent to the Jailbreaking macpdiaz 13 3,231 09-May-2013 04:42 PM
Last Post: ppmint
  Rooting Android 4.0. and 4.1 droidster 0 1,788 22-Dec-2012 12:53 AM
Last Post: droidster