Current time: 27-Oct-2016, 12:49 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Umi eMax mini Review – A Good Budget Phone!
03-Nov-2015, 01:10 PM
Umi eMax mini Review – A Good Budget Phone!
We have reviewed quite a few Umi phones lately and this time around we have the Umi eMax mini in our review labs.
Thanks to Coolicool for sending Umi eMax mini for a review.

Umi eMax mini Review: VIDEO

Umi eMax mini Review: SPECS

5″ 1080P (FULL-HD)
Snapdragon 615, octa-core, 64-bit, 1.5GHz
8MP Front/13MP Back
Bluetooth, 3G, 4G, GPS, WIFI, GSM,EDGE, GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, dual-SIM, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7
3.050 mAh (non-removable)
139.6 x 69.6 x 8.9mm / 130g
Android 5.0.2
16GB (expandable via microSD card slot up to 64GB)

Umi eMax mini Review: UNBOXING

IMG_4534 IMG_4536
UMI eMax mini comes in a typical for UMI box and the contents include a OnePlus style USB cable, power plug and instruction manuals.

Umi eMax mini Review: DESIGN

When it comes to the design of the phone, Umi eMax mini is a very compact phone due to it’s 5” display. Also, the phone is very lightweight and it sports all plastic build.
On the front we have an 8MP camera, a sensor light, earpiece and notification LED.
On the bottom we can find three capacitive keys and back and multitasking buttons have a nice backlight.
The backplate is made of textured plastic, it feels nice to the touch and helps with the grip.
As far as optics, we have a 13MP snapper with a single LED flash.
On the right we have a volume rocker and a power key.
IMG_4548 IMG_4547
On the top there is a headset jack and on the bottom we have a mic, USB port and the speaker grill.
IMG_4579 IMG_4580
The backplate is removable, where you can find an embedded generous 3050mAh battery, 2 SIM card slots and the microSD card slot.
Overall, the phone looks and feels very well made and high quality despite using mainly plastic in its build. I have to say I kind of like it.

Umi eMax mini Review: DISPLAY

The 5” display on the Umi eMax mini is of a 1080p variety and it is sharp, bright and a great panel to look at overall. The only shortcoming would be that it doesn’t have the best sunlight visibility but it’s still visible outdoors.

Umi eMax mini Review: UI

When it comes to the battery life, Umi eMax mini is a good performer too. I could get up to 5 hours of screen-on time with both light and heavy use, and both with the auto and max brightness.

Umi eMax mini Review: CONCLUSIONS

So there you have, the Umi eMax mini. I have to say that this is a pretty good phone overall and I was happy to use it during my testing period.
For less than $150 you are getting a simple but neat design and great build quality, a sharp and bright 5” display, almost stock looking UI, good gaming performance, decent camera and a good battery life.
One minor complaint would be that double tap to wake feature works only from the second time when you pick up the phone from the standby mode.
Other than that, I have to say that Umi really stepped up their game with this model and the eMax mini is a really good offering in this price range. I will leave a product link in the description below the video if you want to check it out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  UHANS H5000 camera samples: A good 8MP camera umit 0 0 Today 12:10 PM
Last Post: umit
  Crazy Deal – Get Vernee Apollo Lite for as low as $99.99! umit 0 1 Yesterday 12:10 PM
  GizmoChina Weekly: Top Stories From Oct 16 – 22 (OPPO R9S, Mate 9, Mi Note 2 &# umit 0 4 24-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  UMi Diamond: The new Dual-Glass protected device from UMi umit 0 5 19-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  Qualcomm Announces 3 Mid-range Snapdragon Chipsets – 653, 626 &427 umit 0 4 18-Oct-2016 12:10 PM