It is always a good idea to have a backup of your working ROM. In case you brick it with a non-compatible ROM flash or cause a software damage during rooting etc.. you can flash your backup ROM back to your phone and tablet and recover it. To backup your ROM, you need:
- MTKDroidTools : download from this thread:
and make sure you have installed the MTK USB drivers and enabled USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options menu.
1. Connect your phone and run downloaded MTKDroidTools.exe. After few seconds your phone info should be displayed.
2. Go to "Root, Backup, Recovery" tab. Backup button is now disabled. Click the "Root" button on the bottom to get root access to your phone.
3. You will receive a pop-up message requesting your approval for root access. You may also receive a confirmation on phone screen. The pop-up message may differ if your phone is not already rooted.
4. Now, the Backup button and other disabled buttons should be enabled.
5. You may select "Backup userdata and cache" if you want to backup your user data and settings. Click Backup button. The process will start. You can select "Yes" for "Packing backup?" question during process if you want to compress backup into a zip file.
6. When the backup is complete, go to your MTKDroidTools folder and open backups. You will find the compressed backup zip file and uncompressed files there. You can use SP Flash tool to restore your ROM when needed.