How to fix unknown Baseband version, null / invalid IMEI & SIM card not detected
Quite a number of Tecno users have been having this issue on their Tecno devices after flashing one ROM or another; something i call the 'Custom ROM fever'. This issue is mostly caused by wiping / corruption of the data partition. The Baseband and radio (for network signal) are controlled by the NVRAM (located in data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI) and a file called MP0B_001.
Once this file is missing or the NVRAM partiton is corrupted, your phone's IMEI and radio functionality cease to exist. There are several methods to fix this:
1. Download ROM toolbox lite from Playstore
2. Download IMEI.zip (to create a new IMEI file) then unzip the content of the folder (imei.exe) to a folder on your desktop
3. In command prompt, navigate to the imei.exe containing folder you just created on your desktop
* NOTE cd\ then enter (returns to root directory)
cd.. enter (goes up one directory)
cd foldername enter (navigates to a folder called foldername)
4. A faster method is to open the imei.exe containing folder > Hold down Shift > Right-click on an empty space > Select "Open Command Window here"
5. When you're inside the imei folder in command prompt, type
imei.exe <15digit_IMEI_1> <15digit_IMEI_2>
(eg: imei.exe 123456789111111 123456789111124)
6. Press Enter
7. If both IMEIs you gave are of the correct format, a file named MP0B_001_NEW will be created. Rename it MP0B_001.
8. Now you can send it to the sd of your phone
9. Install ROM toolbox lite then go to root explorer
10. In root explorer, delete the existing MP0B_001 file (located @ device/data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI) and replace with the one you just created
11. Long press the new MP0B_001, go to permissions and tick all 6 boxes the select ok
12. Restart your phone
13. Your SIMs should be detected, IMEI reflect and Baseband version change from unknown to what it should be.
* Note that getting this done might not be this direct due to different scenarios but replacing the MP0B_001 file is the ultimate goal in order to fix the issue.
Download a sample MP0B_001 file from the attachment below (unzip after download)
Source: How to fix unknown Baseband version, null / invalid IMEI & SIM card not detected