Current time: 25-Oct-2016, 10:27 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Review – Almost A Flagship Smartphone?
06-Feb-2016, 01:10 PM
Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Review – Almost A Flagship Smartphone?
Samsung has changed their design language in the past several years and the company has also brought some premium materials and great build quality to their midrange phones lineup.
Galaxy A5 2016 year edition is a great example of it but is it any good? Learn more in the full Galaxy A5 2016 review. 

The review is brought to you by TechLineHD.

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 VIDEO REVIEW:

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Review: DESIGN and DISPLAY

As for selfies, the Galaxy A5 is very good. It produces high-quality images with a good amount of details.
When it comes to the video recording, the phone can shoot up to 1080p videos and they look sharp, have lots of details, and the continuous auto-focus works fine. See a camera video review for various video samples
Make sure to check out my dedicated camera review video for more camera samples.
Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Review: CONNECTIVITY
All the connectivity options that include Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS are working fine. Also, the signal reception is excellent and the call quality is good.

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Review: BATTERY LIFE 

The Galaxy A5 has a 2900mAh battery. In short, it performs really well. I could constantly get over 4.5h or even 5 hours of SOT even if used the phone quite intensively with maximum auto brightness setting. Also, the phone features a fast charging feature and I was able to fully charge the phone in less than 1.5 hours. 

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Review: CONCLUSIONS

So, there you have it, the Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 edition. For around $400 you are getting a phone that has a premium design and excellent build quality, great display, fast UI, a fingerprint scanner, great battery life and a very good camera. 
The Snapdragon 615 chip does its job for day-to-day tasks very well and even for some gaming. However, if you are a serious gamer and you love playing the all latest 3D games, the processor along with the GPU will not be powerful enough for you.
Another shortcoming would be a fingerprint scanner. Don’t get me wrong, it is fast and accurate. However, it does not work straight from the standby mode as the majority of even a lot cheaper phones. Cmon Samsung, step up you fingerprint scanner game. 
All in all, the Samsung Galaxy A5 is a great phone despite a few shortcomings and I can definitely recommend it. However, I can’t say there aren’t any other alternatives out there at this price point. E.g. the Galaxy S6, which is still a flagship, can be bought at a similar price right now. It has a much better chipset for gamers but has some other disadvantages like poor battery life. 
At the end of the day, the Galaxy A5 is still an awesome phone and the chipset is the only major shortcoming if you care about gaming.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Samsung Galaxy S8 Development Delayed Owing To Samsung’s Involvement In Galaxy umit 0 2 Yesterday 12:10 PM
Last Post: umit
  GizmoChina Weekly: Top Stories From Oct 16 – 22 (OPPO R9S, Mate 9, Mi Note 2 &# umit 0 1 Yesterday 12:10 PM
  Qualcomm Announces 3 Mid-range Snapdragon Chipsets – 653, 626 &427 umit 0 2 18-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  Umi Plus Giveaway – Win A Free Smartphone From Gizmochina umit 0 2 18-Oct-2016 12:10 PM
  Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Features Antenna Design Similar to OPPO R9S umit 0 5 16-Oct-2016 12:10 PM