This thread is about the The JIAKE X3S MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa Core 5.0 Inch HD Screen 3G (I got it in silver/white).
Will be updating this thread with relevant info!
The JIAKE X3S is a very light and stylish phone (only 8mm thick), especially in silver/white, the battery is incredible thin. It actually looks a lot like the Vivo Xplay. It comes with preinstalled screenprotector (it has cutouts for the earspeaker).
The build quality is good, much better than on my HDC Note 3 clone. And you can tell that this is not just a cheap clone.
The screen is sharp and clear with nice colors and a good viewing angle. Actually really nice! Also there is no bad backlight bleeding in the screencorners like seen on other chinese phones. The backspeaker and earspeaker is really loud, and the quality is good. Maybe not like on real highend brands, but still much better than on my HDC.
The phone also have "air gestures" control in the camera, gallery, desktop and musicplayer, like we know it from Samsung devices. But you have to keep the hand pretty near to the screen, when you wave it to the side, if not - the sensor will not register it properly. The camera is very good. One of the better cameras I have seen in a chinese phone. The EIS and Zero delayshutter option also works very good (it can take photos very quick), and it also have the object tracking mode. So it can track focus on a moving object.
You can shoot pictures with the air gesture mode or even just with your voice, but you have to say something in chinese (sounds like the word "Hi-jo" there is an example you can listen to).
The phone has no app drawer, it just places all apps on the desktop like iPhone does. (but it seems that you can have unlimited desktop pages). But if its a problem you can always just install another launcher like for example Nova Launcher etc. The Dual Sim option also works good. And currently I use 2 Sim card just on the GSM network as I have 2 numbers. When I want to call, sms etc. it can be setup to ask what Sim you want to use, or you can also just set a default Sim to be used always. The GPS locked in only 30 seconds when I tested it my car, so it seems to be really good/fast.
Overall the phone is a pretty nice device, it looks good, performes well and have a okay good camera. I do not agree in that this camera is "just" like in all the other chinese phones, because it's not. It IS actually a better camera - maybe not best of the best, but still a reasonable camera for pictures and video. The camera in my HDC clone is 10 times worse! In Antutu it scores OVER an original HTC One, so that is pretty nice, if you also think about the low price!
(with CPU limiter set to OFF in battery options) http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/Screensh...-19-22.png
I got the silver/white version because I think it looks nicer than the black/blue version. The silver/white version reminds me more about the Vivo Xplay. In black it more just look like all other black phones. And I believe that scratches will be less visible on the silver/white version than on the dark blue.
- MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa core (actually 1.66GHz)
- 2 GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- GPS locks really fast! (check it at 23:50 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJYueMjpHQ)
- 8MP back camera + 5MP front camera (official specs say 13MP back / 8MP front)
- 5 inch IPS Screen, 1280*720 pixel HD display (actually pretty sharp with good colors)
- Android 4.2 System
- Support 3G network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
- Earspeaker & backspeaker is really LOUD! not low or bad quality like in other chinese phones
I ordered mine from here because they have price guarantee! and I have some good experience with them.
(they promise that if you can find it cheaper on another serious webshop they will lower the price for you!) http://www.coolicool.com/jiake-x3s-mtk65...ne-g-33064
(Full 30 Minute In-Depth Review)
How to ROOT MTK6592 with vRoot or MTK Droid Tools video:
The 3 touch buttons in the bottom of the phone have no real backlight, they are just silver
How to change the limited internal 1GB to 7GB for userapps
The phone storage will be reduced from 13 to 7GB
When installing apps they will be installed internally to the new 7GB space
When installing games, they will install gamedata on the sdcard, so 8GB sdcard or more recommended
The phone storage will actually not really be used anymore then
Get the modfied EBR files here that you have to flash with Spflash tool to the phone
(make a backup of your ROM first, with CWM recovery or MTK Droid Tolls)
How to install the 2 modified EBR files
1. Make a backup of your current rom with mtk droid tools
2. After that make the backup compatible with spflashtool by choosing "prepare blocks for flashtool" with mtk droid tools, inside the backup folder there will then be "!Files_to_FlashTool"
3. Go to !Files_to_FlashTool and replace your 2 original EBR1 and 2 files with these modified ones
4. Open spflashtool and load the scatter file from !Files_to_FlashTool, deselect all other things, but the EBR1 and EBR2
5. Hit download, 2 seconds later connect the phone with the usb cable, and you should hear a sound in windows that it connects
6. When you connect the phone, have the phone turned completely off, and have no battery in the phone
7. It should connect and spflash tool should flash the 2 EBR files, and end with a GREEN round image, that means it is done!
8. If it dont work for some reason, try to use latest Spflashtool version 5. Or reinstall Windows drivers (try Snappea http://www.snappea.com/ and Pdanet driverpack for Android here http://pdanet.co/a/ )
9. Reboot phone, first time it wil say that storage is damaged, and ask to format the internal storage, just let it reformat the space, and it wil work fine
10. A full factory reset afterwards is recommended to clear everything up, but not an requirement!
CPU Type: Octa Core
Hardware Platform: MTK6592
Operating System: Android4.2
Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Catala, Cestina,
Dansk, Deutsch, Espanol, Filipino, French, Hrvatski, IsiZulu, Italiano,
Kiswahili, Latviesu, Lietuviu, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Polish, Portuguese,
Romana, Slovencina, Slovenscina, Suomi, Svenska, Vietnamese, Turkish,
Greek, Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, India Urdu, Arabic,
Persian, Hindi, Bengali, Thai, Cambodian, Korean, Japanese, Simplified/Traditional
Max Storage Expansion: 32GB
Dual Sim Dual Standby
WCDMA 850/2100MHz, GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
2 pure GSM cards also works fine in this phone
CAMERA and VIDEO
Flash Light: Support
Front Camera: 8MP (more likely to be 5MP)
Rear Camera: 13MP (more likely to be 8MP)
CONNECITIVITY and COMMUNICATION? Bluetooth: Support
GPS: Support (works very good, only 30 seconds to lock)
WIFI: Support (good speed and range)
Gravity Induction: Support
Light Sensor: Support
Distance Sensor: Support
Data Cable: Micro USB