1. Download and extract the SP Flash Tool and Mediatek USB VCOM drivers from here:
This content is exclusively for registered members of DroidChina only. If you want to see it, please register or login.
Edit: New version of the SP Flash Tool can be downloaded from here:
2. Install the driver if not already installed (you may need to enable usb debugging mode from settings > developer options
3. Download and extract your ROM package and find the scatter.txt file.
4. Run Flash_tool.exe then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file (MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, or scatter.txt depending on which phone you have and the downloaded ROM) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.
5. Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
6. Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable. The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.
7. After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.
8. Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it:
“Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).
9. When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and Download OK message, which means that the process has been successfully terminated.
10. You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.