Current time: 02-Dec-2016, 09:48 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huawei Catching up with Samsung and Apple?
15-Dec-2012, 06:43 PM
Huawei Catching up with Samsung and Apple?
Samsung and Apple are undeniably the top producers of mobile devices today. However, an emerging company - Huawei has been lurking in the shadows for quite some time and now seems to be ready to join the big boys. Huawei has been producing a lot of quality mobile devices at very affordable prices that match Samsung's. Do you think Huawei could overtake Samsung and Apple?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-Dec-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Huawei Catching up with Samsung and Apple?
The Huawei Ascend P1 should defiantly be a huge hit considering it's thinner than the Iphone 5 and running Jellybean 4.1. Unfortunately though, I just don't thing Huawei will ever emerge to the level two floors down from Apple or Samsung. Apple and Samsung's marketing grip is too strong and Asian made and marketed electronics tend to carry a bad reputation, at least here in the States that is.
20-Dec-2012, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 21-Dec-2012 12:22 PM by droidster.)
In all honesty no, not at the moment at least.
I have a Huawei handset that is a Nokia imitation, which I got it for free from my service provider. It's ok for a secondary phone, but I wouldn't chose it as my primary device. I think it's the same with most people in the west. The majority of Huawei's users are in China and India. If they want to overtake the Western market, they need more mature and well developed products.
08-Jun-2013, 02:31 AM
I remember owning an Heuwei android once. It waqs my fault for not buying a case, but those things break easy after being fropped several times. I remeber that thew device had a limited volume and was not capable of running all apps. I got to say I love my Samsung Android better.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-Aug-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah they are! Huawei has released a slew of devices which are highly promising, budget friendly and have excellent specifications. They now got an arsenal of tablets and smartphones that offer value for money. Chances are high that Huawei can grab a share in the industry from Samsung and maybe, even Apple.
05-Oct-2013, 10:37 AM
(15-Dec-2012 06:43 PM)lindbergh Wrote:  Samsung and Apple are undeniably the top producers of mobile devices today. However, an emerging company - Huawei has been lurking in the shadows for quite some time and now seems to be ready to join the big boys. Huawei has been producing a lot of quality mobile devices at very affordable prices that match Samsung's. Do you think Huawei could overtake Samsung and Apple?

If ever this happens it will take a very long time. Samsung has taken a long time before it has gotten to where it is now. I would expect Huawei to take as long or if not longer. Not that I'm being mean but people in other countries can't even pronounce its name and many look down chinese products Sad
08-Oct-2013, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-Oct-2013 09:07 AM by ChiChai.)
I honestly like Huawei devices, I've been looking at them in the malls these days. I love how it's a phone I can see non-Chinese people using. It looks very professionally done and a cut above other Chinese mobile devices.

I still don't see it overtaking Samsung any day soon. Samsung's been around for a very long time and has penetrated markets outside Asia.
18-Oct-2013, 09:03 AM
In the future, that may come true, and i am expecting for that.
20-Oct-2013, 07:06 AM
I think Huawei is gradually catching up with Samsung, but not Apple. I like the Android OS, but I don't think Huawei will make any phone that's close to Apple's IPhone. The IOS is very unique in its way, which is a stable operating system. I think Huawei has already surpass Blackberry, Motorola, and Nokia. I used to have a Huawei Android phone, which is very good considering the build-quality is 100% plastic, which I don't mind. I am starting to like Huawei phones, and I have seen some of the phones are prettier than IPhones.
26-Oct-2013, 10:51 AM
I remember owning an Heuwei android once. It waqs my fault for not buying a case, but those things break easy after being fropped several times. I remeber that thew device had a limited volume and was not capable of running all apps. I got to say I love my Samsung Android better.