Current time: 23-Oct-2016, 11:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hands-on review: L12s Pro Smart Watch/Bracelet
10-Oct-2014, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-Oct-2014 10:46 PM by umit.)
Hands-on review: L12s Pro Smart Watch/Bracelet
Now, the "smart" trend continues and converts our wearable devices like watches and bracelets to smart after the phones. Smart watches complement the smartphones and besides timekeeping, they let you keep your phone in your pocket by delivering notifications right to your watch. You can see who is calling or texting without having to take out your handset. Most smartwatches also let you control camera functions and media playback on your phone, and some offer fitness features to help you during your workouts.

Today we will be reviewing our first smart bracelet/watch L12s Pro. The bracelet was provided by GearBest for review. GearBest is designed for gadget lovers by gadget lovers. They sell wide selection of gadgets, including smart phones, smart watches, car electronics, RC Quadcopters, LED flashlights, consumer electronics, etc. GearBest also offers price match if you find the same gadget cheaper elsewhere. If you are not satisfied, they also offer 45 days money back guarantee. So, there is nothing to be afraid other than paying the cost for returning the product you've purchased.

So, let's see what this stylish bracelet offers to us.

Main Features:
Music: Users can play the built-in music of device.
Rec: Can operate the function of record / check record / play record / delete record and so on.
Massage: Startup the massage function, the bracelet will vibrate so as to achieve the result of massage.
Time: Hourly chime function. Startup this function, it will vibrate you any time.
SMS: It can sync message with your mobile phone. But this function is only supported by pairing with Android 4.1 mobile system or above. Users need to install a software named smart bracelet in the mobile.
Remote camera: Works as a remote camera shutter to control your smartphone back camera. This feature only supports Android syetem, you need to install the APP.
Calls: You can check the call data in bracelet, like missed calls / dialed calls / received calls / all calls.
Contacts: Users can check the mobile phonebook in the bracelet, can also choose the phone NO and call it in the bracelet.
Setting: You can set time and data, language, hand free on or off, set on or off, set reset and so on.
Mobile sync music player: Connect with smart bracelet and mobile phone, then play music in mobile, the music will sync in.

Package contents: 1 x Smart Bracelet, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x Art Display Base

Setup: The bracelet comes in Chinese by default. If you are not Chinese, you need to set the language to English. No other language is supported. To change the language enter the menu by pressing the long on/off button. First option is help menu with a "?" icon. Each tap to screen, you move to next menu item. Settings menu is with gear icon and language is the second option in settings menu. You can move up or down by touching upper or lower side of the screen. When you select the desired menu item, press the long button again to enter or select the menu item.

After setting the desired language, pairing the bracelet is piece of cake. Just initiate the bluetooth device search from your phone and when "Smart Bracelet" is found, tap on it and follow the steps. Only few steps involved.

Warning: I haven't seen any kind of verification during pairing. So, someone else may also discover and pair with your bracelet if it is not already connected to your phone. As a security measure, it is not discoverable by other phones when already connected with your phone.

Software: Download and install attached software to your phone. When you run it you will be able to change some settings.

LS12pro smart bracelet comes with charging cable, but not with a charger. However, this is not an issue, you can just charge it using your PC's USB port or use your smartphone's charger.

Review of functions:

Music player: I was not able to initiate music playing from the bracelet. But, when I start the music from the phone, I can listen it from the bracelet. It also displays the information about the playing mp3 file. Also, there is no possibility to control the player from the bracelet, such as skip, pause, stop etc...

When called, bracelet rings and vibrates. You can answer the call by pressing the long button. If you have a missing call you are not notified for it by bracelet. But you can see them if you go into missed calls menu item under the calls menu.

You can answer a call and talk from the bracelet. Even if you answer from the phone or initiate a call from the phone, you can only talk from the bracelet when it is connected. Sound quality is good and loud enough.

Remote Camera Control: I was not able to start the camera from the bracelet.

SMS: You can read your SMS messages in your Inbox. You are also notified by an icon on the screen if you have unread SMS message.

Sound Recorder: You can record your voice or the sounds around you. You can also list of your previous recordings and play them. Quality is good. But, I am not sure for how long you can record your voice because of the small internal memory on bracelet. Also, when you connect the bracelet to your PC using USB cable, it is not recognized as removable storage or similar. So, you have no chance to copy your recorded clips to your PC.

Massage: When started, it vibrates and gives your wrist a massage. I think it is not very useful and only helps you to drain your battery faster.

Phonebook: You can search for contacts and make a call after selecting a contact.

Pedometer: It senses your body movements and counts your steps. I found it accurate but number of steps may jump several numbers at a time while playing with it in your hand.

I mainly liked the stylish looking, good sound quality and good standby battery life. It is very cheap and available in different colors. Also, suitable for unisex use.

I didn't like the small screen, which makes reading the things difficult. Text is wrapped into multiple lines. Remote camera function could be very useful when taking self photos without using a timer, but it does not work.

You can get it for only $27.00 from GearBest using the coupon code "GBLPLM" using the following link:

Attached File(s)
.zip  Smat (Size: 266.07 KB / Downloads: 104)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A8 Smartwatch REVIEW - An Apple watch replica? Crowny13 0 257 13-Jan-2016 04:29 PM
Last Post: Crowny13
  Hands-on review: Atongm S1 Miracast DLNA Airplay WiFi Display Receiver Dongle umit 0 1,279 06-Oct-2014 06:57 PM
Last Post: umit