Current time: 17-Apr-2014, 06:02 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chinese phones & tablets

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Auto Root MTK6589 (One click root)
14-May-2013, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 14-May-2013 05:48 AM by turbojm88.)
RE: Auto Root MTK6589 (One click root)
(09-May-2013 12:03 PM)nanimo Wrote:  thanks a lot, my Thl W8 is now rooted and work fine
easy & good
Dear nanimo, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I'm unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?

(11-May-2013 09:47 AM)umit Wrote:  
(11-May-2013 09:40 AM)Komponini123 Wrote:  Shouldturn off my phone before plug it in ? Or I just have to leave it on and plug it like that ?

Turning the phone off is required during flashing with the flash tool. During rooting phone must me turned on.

Dear Komponini123 and umit,
Actually I'm NOT tech-savvy. Anyone of you can provide me a more detail steps to follow? Like when to plug and when to switch on or off the phone? Sorry....because I do not understand most of the terms used, i.e. flash, recovery and etc....

(13-May-2013 04:03 PM)hendahewa Wrote:  Good stuff. Just rooted THL W8+ in no time. Cheers

Dear hendahewa, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I'm unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?

Dear umit,
I'm not a tech-savvy guy, do not understand most of the terms used (like flash, recovery and etc...) My Thl W 8 bought from China having problem to add my Google account (origianlly wasn't pre-installed) , so can't download any Google apps. Does your rooting method help? Because this keep popping out while I tried to log in with existing or even new account - "this could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-May-2013, 12:21 PM
(14-May-2013 05:19 AM)turbojm88 Wrote:  
(09-May-2013 12:03 PM)nanimo Wrote:  thanks a lot, my Thl W8 is now rooted and work fine
easy & good
Dear nanimo, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I'm unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?

(11-May-2013 09:40 AM)Komponini123 Wrote:  Shouldturn off my phone before plug it in ? Or I just have to leave it on and plug it like that ?

Turning the phone off is required during flashing with the flash tool. During rooting phone must me turned on.

Actually I'm NOT tech-savvy. Anyone of you can provide me a more detail steps to follow? Like when to plug and when to switch on or off the phone? Sorry....because I do not understand most of the terms used, i.e. flash, recovery and etc....

(13-May-2013 04:03 PM)hendahewa Wrote:  Good stuff. Just rooted THL W8+ in no time. Cheers

Dear hendahewa, I bought a unit of Thl W8 from (similar with yours) in China last week and I have problem to run my Google Play Store because I'm unable to add my Google account into it. So, cannot download and use Google apps freely. Do yo have such problem?

Dear umit,
I'm not a tech-savvy guy, do not understand most of the terms used (like flash, recovery and etc...) My Thl W 8 bought from China having problem to add my Google account (origianlly wasn't pre-installed) , so can't download any Google apps. Does your rooting method help? Because this keep popping out while I tried to log in with existing or even new account - "this could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services".

For rooting you don't need to turn off the phone. Just follow the steps in the first post. To install apps from Google Play, your phone must be connected to the internet either using wi-fi or 2G/3G. Rooting only gives you more control on your device. You can reinstall Google Play store and Google services. However, you need to know how to do it. Without any knowledge, I don't think you can.
14-May-2013, 09:00 PM
It does not work for my HDC Storm MX
15-May-2013, 08:44 AM
(14-May-2013 12:21 PM)umit Wrote:  
(14-May-2013 05:19 AM)turbojm88 Wrote:  
easy & good

Dear umit,

For rooting you don't need to turn off the phone. Just follow the steps in the first post. To install apps from Google Play, your phone must be connected to the internet either using wi-fi or 2G/3G. Rooting only gives you more control on your device. You can reinstall Google Play store and Google services. However, you need to know how to do it. Without any knowledge, I don't think you can.
Dear umit,
I really need your kind instruction to make it right. Please advise.
15-May-2013, 10:15 AM
(15-May-2013 08:44 AM)turbojm88 Wrote:  Dear umit,
I really need your kind instruction to make it right. Please advise.

I wish I could help. But, don't think it is possible remotely. Sorry. The instructions in the first post are detailed and they didn't help. I don't know what else I can do.
15-May-2013, 03:58 PM
Cool!!! I have rooted phone in 30 seconds including automatic reboot! Hero H7500+.
15-May-2013, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 15-May-2013 05:22 PM by Gareth Llewellyn Armstrong.)
Worked on the Feiteng H7189/H7100 I have. Now does anyone have a way of getting CWM on it?
15-May-2013, 08:26 PM
hello

I have proven, it works perfectly!!

my phone is a newman (newsmy) nm890 android 4.1.2 mtk6589

many thanks
15-May-2013, 11:39 PM
Heart RE: Auto Root MTK6589 (One click root)
Thanks I've successfully rooted Star S7189
16-May-2013, 07:58 AM
This process rooted my Mediatek-branded MT6589 phone quickly and with no errors. However, I now find that I have a strange problem with Voice Search - Google Play says it is installed but it doesn't appear in the phone's App list. This may not be anything to do with the rooting process, and I will follow up elsewhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How To Root MTK6589 Tutorial umit 118 99,791 06-Apr-2014 07:55 PM
Last Post: otecko
  VROOT: GUI one-click root tool - super easy umit 5 2,952 02-Apr-2014 09:41 PM
Last Post: misterspok
  [ROOT] GUI Root Wizard for MTK65xx phones umit 32 26,752 28-Mar-2014 01:47 PM
Last Post: jcfmachado
  How to root any MTK6577 phone umit 50 64,780 22-Mar-2014 10:40 PM
Last Post: timmyx10
  How to fix GPS problems on MTK6577 & MTK6589 phones umit 9 23,378 17-Mar-2014 11:32 PM
Last Post: s7yler