Earlier it was reported that Asus Zenfone 3 series of smartphone are likely to debut on May 30, a day ahead of Computex but seems like this is not the case. Asus CEO Jerry Shen has made it official that Asus Zenfone 3 series will officially debut in June putting a stop to all the speculations.
Jerry Shen also reveal some vital details about the upcoming series while talking to a local Taiwanese publication. He said that Asus Zenfone 3 smartphones will come with mid-range specifications. It is already a public knowledge that most of the models in Asus Zenfone 2 series were powered by Intel chipsets. Now, recently Intel has announced that it is halting its mobile chipset production for the time being which simply means that the upcoming Asus Zenfone 3 smartphones will make use of either Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets or MediaTek chipsets.
Jerry Shen further said the 90% of the Asus Zenfone 3 smartphones will be powered by Qualcomm chipsets and the remaining 10% will be powered by MediaTek chipsets.
According to Asus’s predictions, upcoming Asus Zenfone 3 Max will account for about two -third of the total Asus Zenfone 3 series shipments whereas remaining one-third will be raked by the standard Asus Zenfone 3 and Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe.[source]